What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. This text file stores information, such as your language preference for a website. When you visit the website again at a later stage, this cookie will automatically be resent to the website. In this way the website recognises your browser, allowing information such as your language preferences to be recalled.
Cookies usually have an expiry date. Some cookies (session cookies) are automatically deleted when you close your browser, while others remain on your computer for a longer time.
The International citizen project uses three types of cookies on www.icpcovid.com:
- Cookies for functional purposes
- Cookies for analytical purposes
- Cookies for marketing purposes
The International citizen project uses a Drupal CMS to keep the content of its website up to date. This software uses one functional cookie, which is necessary for the proper functioning of this website. You cannot refuse this cookie if you want to browse our website.
The International citizen project also uses Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for analytical purposes. This analysis tool places cookies that are used to measure website visits (traffic). This is how we know, for example, how many times a particular webpage is read. We only use this information to improve the content of our website.
The International citizen project uses a limited number of cookies for marketing purposes. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across various websites. This is done to better align advertisements with the interests and needs of the visitor.
Which cookies are used on www.icpcovid.com?
Below is a list of the cookies that we use, and the purpose they serve:
- Functional cookies: You cannot refuse these cookies if you want to access www.icpcovid.com.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies provide website owners with insight into how visitors interact with the website by anonymously collecting information and generating aggregate reports.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across various websites. This is done to better align advertisements with the interests and needs of the visitor.
Can you avoid or delete cookies?
If you want to prevent certain cookies from being installed on your computer, you can set this up through your browser’s internet options. Under the ‘privacy’ tab you can specify which cookies you want to accept.
Cookies can also be deleted through your browser’s internet options, by selecting ‘delete browsing history’.